The Stauffer Foundation and the Pro Canale Foundation, a non-profit institution committed to the curatorship and promotion of precious Italian string instruments of artistic and historical interest, have stipulated an agreement aimed at offering four students of the Stauffer Academy the opportunity to have on free loan for one year the use of a historical instrument.
This call for applications is open to all active students of the Stauffer Academy’s Annual High Specialisation Courses, regularly enrolled in the academic year 2023-24.
It is possible to apply individually (violin, viola and cello soloists) or as a chamber group (trio or quintet with piano, string quartet).
The instruments that will be assigned are:
- Violin Giovanni Battista Ceruti, Cremona 1815
- Violin Gaetano Antoniazzi, Cremona 1885
- Viola Giovanni Pistucci, Napoli 1910 approx
- Cello Celeste Farotti, Milano 1906
The loan for use of these instruments is granted for one year, possibly extendible, free of charge. The Stauffer Foundation will bear all administrative and insurance costs.
How to participate
To participate in the selection, the following materials and documents must be sent to email@example.com:
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, including planned artistic and concert commitments.
- Cover letter outlining the reasons for applying to this call and a brief artistic profile.
- YouTube link to the applicant’s video audition. A performance of maximum 15 minutes of music of the applicant’s choice is required, either for solo instrument or with accompaniment (piano or chamber group) for individual applications; or with the complete chamber group with whom the application is submitted.
The deadline for the application is 19th January 2024.
The joint Commission, formed by the Stauffer Academy and the Pro Canale Foundation, will evaluate the applications received and select the assignees of the instruments. The commission reserves the right to call for a possible live audition of shortlisted applicants at Palazzo Stauffer in Cremona on a date to be later defined and communicated.
Admission results will be notified exclusively via e-mail, by 28 February 2024.
For any further information, please write to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: SURNAME | Bando Pro Canale)